Harris, John 1802-1846

The owner of Ultimo Estate, John Harris was the nephew of the surgeon and public servant, John Harris. He arrived in Sydney in 1844, though died two years later and bequeathed a half-acre of his share in the Ultimo Estate to the Church of Scotland in Ultimo. The trustees of the estate (Dr J Fullerton and G Hamilton) selected out a half-acre block in Quarry Street, and in 1883 a Presbyterian church was built where it stands today as a Uniting Church.

Milestone
Born
1802
Arrived Sydney
1844
Died
Ultimo, Sydney
10 Sep 1846
Occupation
Position
1846
Relationship
Relative of