Avalon Beach

North-eastern suburb, built on land granted in 1833 to Father Joseph Therry, Catholic chaplain. In 1921 the developer Arthur J. Small chose the name 'Avalon', the final resting place of the legendary King Arthur. Its name was changed to Avalon Beach in 2012.

Property
Administered by
1906 - 1993
Part of
1906 - 1993
Administered by
1993 - 2016
Part of
1993 - 2016
Comprises
2012 -
Administered by
2016 -
Part of
2016 -
Type