Balmain Power Station

Power station at Iron Cove that operated from 1909 to 1976. It was partially demolished and incorporated into a residential development in 1998.

Milestone
Constructed
1909
Opened
1909
Closed
1976
Type

Balmain Power Station

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Originally supplying the inner-west with electricity, this icon of Balmain's industrial heritage ultimately gave way to demand for waterfront property.