Bishopthorpe Estate

Part of the original land grant to the Church of England in 1789, the estate was formed when Glebe was subdivided in 1828 and this allotment was retained for the Clergy and School Lands Corporation. Between 1856 and 1874 the estate was subdivided into 238 allotments offered on 99 year leases. Most of the original houses still exist.

Type