Bridge Street Tram Yard
Shunting yard and tram depot on block that ran between Bridge, Phillip and Macquarie Street behind the Treasure Buildings. The yard opened in 1882 after the steam trams introduced at the International Exhibition in 1879 proved popular and the service was expanded. After the opening of the Fort Macquarie tram depot in 1902 fewer services left from the yard. When steam trams ceased operation in 1910, the yard was used to store electric trams and only special services left from it. The yard was demolished in 1938. Extensions to the rear of the Treasury Buildings that form part of the Intercontinental Hotel now stand on the site.