Camperdown Cemetery

Private cemetery established in 1849 that remained the main burial ground for the Church of England until the opening of Rookwood in 1868. St Stephen's Anglican church was built in the middle of it in the early 1870s. All but 4 acres of the cemetery were resumed in 1948 to become the Camperdown Memorial Rest Park.

Milestone
Buried
Buried
23 Jan 1845
Buried
09 Oct 1855
Buried
08 Jan 1856
Buried
21 Jul 1860
Buried
27 Aug 1864
Buried
28 Jan 1865
Buried
15 Dec 1870
Buried
11 Apr 1871
Buried
08 Oct 1874
Buried
15 Mar 1875
Buried
30 Aug 1876
Buried
17 Jun 1878
Buried
02 Jan 1879
Buried
07 Oct 1879
Buried
30 Jun 1888
Buried
30 Sep 1893
Buried
02 Mar 1901
Buried
1941
Buried
1941
Name
Alternate
St Stephen's cemetery Newtown
Alternate
Newtown cemetery
Property
Superseded by
Type