Carlingford

North-western residential suburb which was an important agricultural area prior to the urbanisation that followed World War II. Originally inhabited by the Burramattagal clan, it became known for citrus orchards.

Name
Alternate
Mobbs Hill
01 Jul 1883 - 16 Jul 1883
Property
Administered by
- 2016
Administered by
Administered by
- 2016
Part of
- 2016
Part of
Part of
- 2016
Type

Carlingford

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Burramattagal people were the traditional owners of the area that became Carlingford, which became known for citrus orchards. From 1901 when Carlingford railway station was added to the state railway network, a village grew up there. After World War II, the orchards were displaced by housing.