Cawdor

Semi-rural township in Sydney's far south-west.

Type

Cawdor

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

A meeting place for Tharawal, Gundungurra and Cubbitch-barta people, the area that later became Cawdor was part of John Macarthur's Camden Park estate by 1825. It was the first village in the Cowpastures, and developed as an agricultural township, based on dairying. Vegetable growing, poultry farming and horse breeding are still important industries.