Cremorne Point

Suburb built on the peninsula between Shell Cove and Mosman Bay, on the northern shore of Sydney Harbour. Its foreshore was preserved when Cremorne Reserve was gazetted in 1905.

Name
Alternate
Robertson's Point
Alternate
Wulworra-Jeung
Property
Administered by
Part of
Type

Cremorne Point

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Once a camping, fishing and ceremonial place for the Cammeraygal people, Cremorne Point was granted to James Robertson in the 1830s and later sold to James Milson. Cremorne pleasure gardens were built there, opening in 1856, with visitors arriving by ferry. From 1903, houses were built, and apartments in the interwar years, as well as guesthouses for holidaymakers. The foreshore was preserved for the public and now has parks, pools and walking tracks.