Earlwood

Southern residential suburb which grew from a logging camp in the 1820s to a closely settled residential area with the advent of electric trams early in the twentieth century. 'Earl' commemorates a former mayor of Canterbury and 'Wood' two brothers who had a poultry and pig farm on Wolli Creek.

Milestone
Born
09 Apr 1818
Name
Alternate
Parkestown
1879 - 1905
Alternate
Forest Hill
1906 - 1918
Property
Administered by
Part of
Type