Echo Point Roseville

Park in Roseville on the shore of Middle Harbour.

Type

Echo Point Roseville

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Guringai country until the Europeans came, the area that became Echo Point was part of Samuel Bate's farm from the 1830s. By the 1890s the farm was a rest home for alcoholics, and Henry Lawson stayed there for a few months in 1898-99. In the 1930s, relief work projects led to stairs, walls and paths being built along the reserve, and the swimming baths were modernised.