General Hospital site Parramatta
Originally the site of convict hospitals built to cope with the high rate of illness of convicts who worked and lived in harsh conditions. The two thatched sheds were replaced by clay brick wards and outbuildings in 1792. Constantly modified and extended from 1818 it served as a general hospital for the district and from 1978 was replaced by Westmead Hospital. It now forms part of the Justice Precinct.