Hollis Park

Park surrounded by grand terrace houses in northern Newtown which was originally part of William Bligh's grant of 1806. Subdivided several times between 1834 and 1892 part of the site was resumed for Kingston public school which was never built. Its origin was probably to enhance the development of the surrounding real estate by the creation of a tennis court, children's playground and recreation area for the residents, along the lines of a London square.

Milestone
Opened
1913
Type