Karrowerry

Area on Cattai Creek that was identified by the Aboriginal people who were sharing knowledge with the Rev John McGarvie in 1829 as he wrote a list of place names used by the Darug and Darkinyung people along the river. The name might refer to the kind of tree growing the area at that time, possibly plum pine (Podocarpus elatus). Early Parish maps show a small tidal creek flowing into Cattai Creek here as well.

-33.55674, 150.92033

Type