The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Originally a government grant to Samuel Terry in 1823 it passed through Daniel Cooper and William Cooper to the Australian Cities Investment Corporation in 1891. Acquired by George Todman in 1909 he sold it to the British tobacco company of which he was director. When tobacco manufacturing ceased it became an exclusive residential development. Todman Avenue bisects the area.