Lawson

Central Blue Mountains town named for the explorer who crossed the mountains with Blaxland and Wentworth in 1813. In the early twentieth century it grew to be a major tourist destination and administrative centre.

-33.699211854781, 150.44785124547

Name
Alternate
24 Mile Hollow
Alternate
Blue Mountain
Alternate
Christmas Swamp
Commemorates
Property
Administered by
Part of
Type

Lawson

,
2010

Long home to the Darug and Gundungurra people, the place that became Lawson was renamed for one of the first Europeans to cross the Blue Mountains. It subsequently became important as a stopping place on the road west, and a holiday destination for Sydneysiders.