Millers Point gasworks
The city's first gasworks, established by the Australian Gas Light Company in 1841, on the Darling Harbour edge of Millers Point, where Barangaroo is now. Production was gradually transferred to the company's Haymarket site and the Mortlake. The works were sold to the state government in 1912 and the buildings demolished by 1922. Some traces of the site still remain.