Parsley Bay Reserve

Public recreation ground at the head of Parsley Bay in Sydney's eastern suburbs that was created by the NSW State Government in 1907 after resuming the land, formerly part of the Wentworth Vaucluse estate, in 1906. The reserve is adminstered by Woollahra Council.

-33.852264183152, 151.27812274416

Milestone
Formed
04 Dec 1907
Type

Parsley Bay: ‘One of the people’s playgrounds’

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2020

Parsley Bay is an inlet of Sydney Harbour bordered by Point Seymour and Village Point, and is the traditional land of the Birrabirragal people. In 1907 the bay and immediate surrounds became a public reserve, and it has remained ‘one of the people’s playgrounds’ ever since.