Randwick racecourse

Racecourse that predates the development of the suburbs around it.

Milestone
Opened
1933
Name
Alternate
Sandy course
Type

Randwick racecourse

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Called the Sandy Course when it first opened, Randwick racecourse began to draw huge crowds after the trams were extended to Alison Road, bringing bettors from distant suburbs. It was a military site during the world wars, and has been used for many special events.