Silverwater

Western industrial suburb on the Parramatta and Duck rivers, part of the 1807 Newington Estate grant to John Blaxland. Major industrial development came after 1900.

Property
Administered by
Part of
Type

Silverwater

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Wangal country before the Europeans came, the area that became Silverwater was part of a grant made to John Blaxland in 1807, and stayed in the family until 1860. It was broken up into small farms, and later residential blocks, but dairies remained into the 1930s. Industrial development took place along the river from the 1900s, and some of this land has since become Wilson Park.