St Phillip's Estate

Part of the original land grant to the Church of England in 1789, the estate was formed when Glebe was subdivided in 1828 and allotments 7 & 8 were reserved for St Phillip's glebe. This was subdivided in 1842 into 32 lots offered on 28 year leases which encouraged cheap building in timber and overcrowded conditions.

Type