State Reformatory for Women

First purpose-built women's prison in New South Wales, it was at the Little Bay end of the Long Bay Correctional complex and consisted of four halls with kitchen, workrooms and hospital facilities.

Milestone
Constructed
1899 - 1909
Opened
1909
Closed
1970
Name
Alternate
Women's Reformatory, Long Bay
Position
1925 - 1927
1930
1936 - 1937
1936 - 1937
1940 - 1941
1944
Property
Part of
Type