Tramvale estate

Short-lived subdivision at Marrickville adjacent to Sydenham Road between the Illawarra Railway and Victoria Road. Also known as Tram Vale Flats, it was named after the tramway that ran just to its west. The estate was established in 1881 on land reclaimed from Gumbramorra swamp, but after years of disastrous flooding because of the poor drainage, by the turn of the century the properties were resumed by the government, the land drained and the area designated as suitable for industrial development.

-33.909780510409, 151.16579997535

Milestone
Opened
1880 - 1881
Name
Alternate
Tram Vale
Alternate
Tram Vale Flats
Type