Yasmar estate

The only relatively intact villa house estate remaining on Parramatta Road at Haberfield. It was formed when 46 acres of Dobroyde Estate were transferred to Alexander and Mary Louisa Learmonth on their marriage. The name is the reverse spelling of Ramsay.

Name
Alternate
Dobroyde
Alternate
Ramsay's Bush
Property
Owned by
1855 - 1877
Owned by
1877 - 1900
Relationship
Included in
Type

Yasmar

,
2008

Yasmar is a rare surviving example of a mid-nineteenth century great house and garden. The estate had only three owners before it was transferred to government control during World War II, and has been empty since 1994.