Agar Steps

Stairs with 108 steps, which links Kent Street with Observatory Hill. With terrace housing along the southern side they illustrate the small scale pedestrian networks linking residential areas, which were typical of The Rocks. Named for Thomas Agar, a local identity who arrived in 1829 they overlook what was once the Kent Street quarry.

Milestone
Constructed
1870
Modified
1885
Modified
1892
Name
Alternate
Flagstaff Steps
Commemorates
Position
1869
1885
1892
Type