Bon Accord Bridge
Privately owned timber footbridge across the mudflats of the Tank Stream estuary in Sydney Cove. Built in the mid 1840s, soon after the construction of Semi-Circular Quay, by the owners of the nearby Bon Accord wharf, Robert Morehead and Matthew Young. Also allegedly known as the Halfpenny Bridge as this was the fare charged to cross. In 1853 the bridge was purchased by the government who removed the fee. When the Quay was expanded in 1854 and the gap in the semi-circle at the Tank Stream was closed, the bridge was demolished.