Boston's Mill

Small timber windmill constructed by Commisary John Palmer that he operated along with the government bakery on land in the present-day upper Botanic Gardens. The mill is referred to as 'Boston's' in an early map. Palmer also had another stone windmill 'Palmer's Mill' nearby. The timber mill and bakehouse were resumed by Macquarie in 1815 and demolished.

Milestone
Constructed
1800 - 1801
Demolished
1815
Name
Commemorated by
Property
Owned by
Type