Eastern Channel Pile Light

An active pile lighthouse off South Head in Sydney Harbour. A white timber and concrete octagonal structure, with an iron and glass light and copper dome, it was constructed in 1908 to replace an earlier buoy and beacon. It was originally powered by an acetylene gas generating plant.

-33.841813830536, 151.27182483689

Milestone
Constructed
1908
Name
Alternate
Watsons Bay Pile Light
Type