John Booth's Steam Saw Mills

Steam driven saw mill on the Balmain shoreline east of Booth Street which was destroyed in a dramatic fire in 1874 and then rebuilt. The mill had machinery to produce up to 200,000 feet of timber per week which was used for shipbuilding and general joinery.

Milestone
Constructed
1854
Destroyed
1874
Constructed
1875 - 1876
Closed
1902
Property
Owned by
1854 - 1898
Owned by
1912 - 1926
Type