The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
The colony's second windmill, built in 1798 by the government on Church Hill at the point where Clarence and Grosvenor Street would intersect. It was destroyed in a storm in 1799, and rebuilt between 1801 and 1802. The mill continued to operate until the 1840s. It was known as the military windmill due to its proximity to the barracks.