Moore Park boundary marker

Boundary marker originally installed originally at the intersection of Cleveland and South Dowling streets to show the southern eastern limits of Sydney Town. It can now be found on Southern Cross Drive Moore Park.

-33.900644471567, 151.21560323234

Type

Sydney's Boundary Markers

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2013

When Sydney was declared a town, Governor Bourke had eight stones erected to mark the boundaries. Less than a decade later, Governor Gipps declared Sydney to be a city, marking out the boundaries of the 1842 wards with a series of cast iron posts. Where are those early markers now?