Royal National Park railway line

Short 1.9km branch line between Loftus railway station and the Royal National Park railway station that opened in 1886 to provide access to a military training camp in the park at Audley. The line closed in 1991 but was reopened in 1992 as part of the Sydney Tramway Museum's facilities.

Milestone
Opened
1886
Closed
1991
Opened
1993
Property
Comprises
Type

The Royal National Park Line

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2017

Originally built in 1886 for use by the military, the Royal National Park railway line initially linked Loftus Station on the Illawarra Line to an army training camp in Royal National Park. Tourists and visitors to the park were able to use it until 1991 when it closed. The line now forms part of the Sydney Tramway Museum.