Ultimo boundary marker

Boundary stone approximately 152 centimetres high which was erected on the eastern bank of Black Wattle Creek to delineate the boundary of Sydney Town.

-33.88063704595454, 151.1965077817331

Type

Sydney's Boundary Markers

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2013

When Sydney was declared a town, Governor Bourke had eight stones erected to mark the boundaries. Less than a decade later, Governor Gipps declared Sydney to be a city, marking out the boundaries of the 1842 wards with a series of cast iron posts. Where are those early markers now?