Farm Cove

Bay or cove

Shallow bay on the southern shore of Sydney Harbour, east of Sydney Cove. The flat land nearby was used by Aboriginal people as an initiation ground, and later became the first farm for the European colony.

Names
Aboriginal
Woogan`magul
Aboriginal
Woccanmagully
Sydney Harbour from Garden Palace tower 1880
Detail of map of the settlement at Sydney Cove Port Jackson April 1788
Panorama of Palace Gardens and Farm Cove 1903
Exhibition of the Australian Horticultural and Botanical Society 1857
West side of Farm Cove with distant view of the Military Hospital, the smock-mill and Fort Phillip, c1818
Wuganmagulya (Farm Cove) by Brenda Croft 2000
Government House and Fort Macquarie from the Botanical Gardens 1846
Farm Cove 'man of war roads' Sydney as taken from Fort Denison c1859-60
Official landing wharf, Farm Cove c1900
Sketch of Sydney Cove, Port Jackson in the County of Cumberland New South Wales July 1788, T Medland sculp, coastline by W Dawes, the soundings by Capt Hunter
Plan of Governors Demesne Land, surveyed in the year 1816
Aerial photograph of the Botanical Gardens looking east across Garden Island 7 January 1984
Sketch of the coast from Darling Harbour to Elizabeth Bay: showing the grants to Mr McLeay and six other gentlemen.  Ordered by the House of Commons to be printed, 16th July 1832