The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
New South Wales Community Hospital, Moore Park (Langton Clinc)
The NSW Community Hospital on the corner of Nobbs and South Dowling Street in Surry Hills opened as the Langton Clinic in 1929 as a unit of St Margaret's Hospital for Women and Children. It was incorporated as the Community Hospital in 1931. In mid 1959 the Langton Clinic began to operate as an experimental specialist unit for the treatment of alcoholism and the hospital facilities were gradually closed.