Monument in Parramatta River off Henley Point to world champion rower Henry Searle who died of typhoid in 1889 at the age of 23. Designed by Shervey and Lenthall , with work carried out by the Patten Brothers, the memorial was unveiled on December 10 1891. Described in The Australian Town and Country Journal on January 2 1892 as consisting of a 21 foot high 'pedestal of Melbourne bluestone, on which is placed a broken column of white Sicilian marble, which is relieved for one third of its height with reeds and fluting, and above are wreaths of native flowers. A bust of the sculler in bas-relief with cross sculls and wreaths decorate the pedestal of marble', with inscriptions on all four sides of the plinth. It marks the finishing spot of the championship course where Searle became world champion in October 1888.
The monument was repaired in 1926 after being damaged when a boat crashed into it during a heavy fog on the river.