St Andrew's Cathedral

Place of worship

Designed by Edmund Blacket in the Perpendicular Gothic style, the Cathedral was consecrated in 1868. The cathedral was built on the site of a smaller temporary structure authorised by Governor Macquarie in 1812.

St Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney c1895
Milestones
Opened
1868
St Andrew's Anglican Cathedral 1872
Stained glass in St Andrew's Cathedral depicting Mary Magdalene
St Andrew's cathedral, corner of George and Bathurst Streets, January 1858
George Street, Saturday night March 1878
Public funeral to Mr Wentworth - scene in George Street 6 May 1873