Water Police Station
Described as a 'very useful building' when it opened in Feburary 1858, the ground floor consisted of a guard room on one side and an office on the other with cells for the prisoners at the read. On the first floor there was a barrack room and three rooms for the inspectors. The water police occupied the building until 1913 when a new headquarters was built at Dawes Point and it became known as Philip Street Police Station. In 1990 it became part of the Police and Justice Museum managed by Sydney Living Museums.