The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Department of Public Health
In 1938 the office of the former Director-General of Public Health (established 1913) became the Department of Public Health. It comprised various medical and biological offices and divisions, including hospitals, baby health and sanitary branches. The Department of Public Health oversaw the Division of Forensic Medicine from the early 1960s. It was informally referred to as the Department of Health prior to its restructure in the late 1960s, and was formally abolished and replaced by the New South Wales Health Commission in 1973.