Sow and Pigs Reef
Reef near the entrance to Sydney Harbour between Camp Cove and Georges Head. It caused damage and wrecks before explosives were used to reduce its size. In 1836 a lightship replaced the floating beacon, and this was in turn replaced by a permanent pile light in the 1912. The Western Channel Pile Light now marks the reef's western edge to guide shipping.