Gladesville

Residential suburb located on the northern banks of the Parramatta River, named after ex-convict John Glade who had a farm in the area from about 1806. The original Gladesville Bridge, completed in 1881, was replaced in 1964.

Property
Administered by
Administered by
Part of
Part of
Type

Gladesville

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Established on traditional Wallumedegal land, Gladesville's farms and dairies supplied Sydney. Better transport and postwar housing demand later resulted in rapid expansion.