Wilberforce

North-western residential and rural suburb on northern bank of Hawkesbury River, named after the British leader of the movement to abolish the slave trade. It was one of the five towns named in 1810 by Governor Macquarie. In 1829 the name for the area used by the local Aboriginal people was recorded as being Wangie.

-33.502310802707, 150.83507142208

Name
Aboriginal
Wangie
Property
Administered by
Part of
Type